20 Great Dating Ideas
11. Attend a murder mystery dinner. These are usually great dates
as the food is generally good, the atmosphere is fun and there is
never an uncomfortable lull in the conversation.
12. Take your partner on a boat cruise. There are many cities located
on bodies of water which support this type of activity - pretend
you're a tourist exploring the area for the first time.
13. Hire a horse drawn carriage and take a tour of the town.
14. Create a scavenger hunt in your home and hide little gifts
or jokes at each point along the way. Obviously a good one for more
15. Go canoeing or kayaking on a secluded lake or river. Remember
16. If gambling is legal in your area, go to a casino - riverboat
based establishments are more romantic, but any casino can be if
you take the time to dress up and pretend you're a high roller.
17. Take a ballroom dancing class. Many establishments offer free
always good for a laugh, and the intimacy
of dancing certainly increases your odds later on in the evening.
18. Go to a zoo or aquarium - interesting and fun.
19. Visit a planetarium. This allows you the cover of darkness
similar to a movie but can be infinitely more romantic.
20. Try indoor rock-climbing. This activity, while very safe, lends
the perception of daring to your date and allows you to build trust
as each bears responsibility for the safety of the other.
Hopefully these will help and additionally provide the stimulus
for you to come up with your own great ideas. Stay tuned for more
dating suggestions in future columns. Had a great date or fantastic
date idea? - submit it here.